** It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 01/02/2018; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.**Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Student Trainee (Administrative and Program Support), located in the Office of Inspector General (OIG), serves as administrative support for the Inspector General.
As a Student Trainee (Administrative and Program Support), you will perform the following duties:
- Collect, compile, analyze, and display information for use by the professional staff of the Immediate Office of the Inspector General.
- Assist the Congressional Relations staff for upcoming congressional hearings and oversight committee staff meetings by assembling briefing books, compiling biographical information on Committee Members, researching relevant OIG published reports and past testimony, delivering relevant material and written testimony to oversight committee staff members, and making logistical arrangements for transportation of OIG subject-matter experts to Capitol Hill.
- Assist the Public Affairs staff in developing communication tools and materials for both internal and external audiences.
- Utilize Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Plans, organizes and coordinates work.
- Perform administrative support work such as collection, compilation, and/or maintaining databases and spreadsheet program information.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This opportunity is open to students who are U.S. citizens and U.S. Nationals enrolled on at least a half-time basis, or accepted for enrollment, in a qualifying degree program or certificate program of a high school, accredited college or university. This vacancy is limited to a certain number of applicants and may close before the close date listed here if that limit is reached.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486901200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.