**** The closing date of this announcement has been extended to January 09, 2018 ****Learn more about this agency
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
For additional information about the BLM, please visit our website.
This position is located in the Shoshone, Idaho. Information about the surrounding area may be found here.
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, more than one position may be filled from this announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid by the Department of the Interior. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the selected employee.
- The position serves as a Senior Fire Dispatcher located in a dispatch center in support of fire suppression activities.
- Performs and directs others in receiving fire reports, determining location, and status, and current fire information.
- Coordinates aviation dispatch operations.
- Determines appropriate resource response to incidents and request from the field and dispatches personnel, equipment, aircraft, and/or supplies.
- Based upon current wildland fire suppression activity and utilizing prior wildland firefighting experience and training, anticipates fire suppression needs and determines resource allocation.
- Operates and/or directs the operation of various dispatch telecommunications systems.
- Provides critical logistical support information to supervisor and makes recommendations concerning the efficient uses of available resources.
- Records and maintains communications logs.
Occasional travel - Travel is required to attend trainings, conferences, workshops, and field visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…-All current or former federal employees with competitive/reinstatement eligibility
-CTAP and ICTAP eligibles within the local commuting area
-Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) Eligibles.
-Persons eligible under Special Hiring Authorities
- Current or former time-limited employees eligible under PL-114-47, Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486270400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.