OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as Podiatry Section Chief under the immediate supervision of the Orthopedic Section Chief and Chief of Surgery within the Surgical Services Line. He/she will maintain licensure and credentials sufficient to extend to the incumbent the authority to practice Podiatric Medicine inclusive of all diagnostic and medical therapeutic modalities for the treatment of diseases, conditions and injuries related to the field.
Clinical Responsibilities (85-95% of time)
- Provide comprehensive Podiatric care services as well as follow-up care of existing conditions and management of emergency conditions within the scope of incumbent's approved clinical privileges.
- Provide Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Podiatric Services, including hospital rounds.
- Perform Podiatric Surgery in the Operating Room and minor surgery room.
- Conduct daily outpatient clinics
- Provide non-operative Podiatric hospital rounds for Podiatric patients.
- Document services through appropriate notes, such as History and Physical, Progress notes, Operative notes and Discharge Summaries.
- Debridement, pathomechanical, foot orthopedics, biomechanical, radiographic, orthotic, dermatological, and surgical procedures must be applied as elements of total patient care.
- Educate physicians, staff, and residents in the principles and therapy of complex and basic Podiatric Services/Surgery.
- Teaching of medical residents and physician assistant students rotating through the Department of Surgery.
- Perform the administrative duties involved in the proper functioning of the Podiatric Section. These will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and reviewing policies for the Podiatry Section
- Reviewing of consults placed to the Podiatry Service
- Ensuring that JCAHO, Safety, AAMI, OSHA, VA and other agency regulations are being met.
- Ensuring continuing education of staff under his/her supervision.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 0800-1630 hours.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486266700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.