Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.Learn more about this agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District. The incumbent will be responsible for broad functional responsibilities of soil-related, concrete mix design and paving components of water-related civil works engineering design.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Directs the investigation of soil types and provision of design data for construction and evaluation of all District projects.
- Directs the interpretation of soil conditions and their impact on planned projects.
- Approves technical portions of specifications for contract soils investigations, construction specifications for foundations, embankments, soil excavation, dewatering, and control of water.
- Conducts QA/QC reviews of above referenced work and AE contract product deliverables.
- Provides liaison and coordinates technical engineering work
throughout design and construction stages with affected District elements, with the LRD Dam Safety Production Center, Risk Management Center and with other Federal, state, and local government agencies and their engineering representatives.
- Serves as geotechnical design consultant to Branch Chief responsible for geotechnical features, resolving problems, providing advice and developing procedures for various geotechnical design and analysis, including subsurface soils investigations.
- Plans and directs the work of engineers, technicians, and other employees.
- Work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, considerable walking, stooping, climbing embankments, bending and crouching during site visits.
Occasional travel - 10% or less business travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, Former Federal Employees, ICTAP, VEOA
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486247500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.