Congress created the Office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) to provide independent and objective oversight of Afghanistan reconstruction projects and activities. SIGAR conducts audits and investigations to promote efficiency and effectiveness of reconstruction programs and detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
This position has been designated by the Inspector General (IG) as one of SIGAR's Senior Staff/SES Equivalent positions. The position is located in the Arlington, VA office of the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR) with duty, on a long-term temporary duty (TDY) status, in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Temporary appointment may be extended upon organizational approval.
The Assistant Inspector General (AIG) for Forward Operations is SIGAR's most senior representative in Afghanistan, responsible for ensuring SIGAR's mission success through effective interaction with senior U.S. civilian and military officials, as well as Afghan government representatives. Also in this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for providing seamless support to senior staff, staff members, and contractors in Afghanistan, as well as for coordinating those actions on behalf of Headquarters staff, when needed. The incumbent will coordinate logistics, supplies, support and information technology to manage and support Afghanistan's office operations/requirements. Applies a broad knowledge of policies, regulations, directives, research and law to ensure programs are supported and represented in accordance with the overall strategic vision of the IG.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Advises and assists the Inspector General/Deputy Inspector General (IG/DIG) and other senior staff in the accomplishment of the SIGAR Afghanistan mission.
- Interfaces directly with senior U.S. civilian and military officials (including the US Embassy Mission, the Department of Defense, the Resolute Support mission, USFOR-A, and US Central Command (CENTCOM)) to represent and secure support for SIGAR's mission and operational needs and to communicate SIGAR's staffing, direction, development, and planning efforts. Interactions will address, for example, travel and transportation security for SIGAR personnel operating in Afghanistan, work and housing space for SIGAR in Afghanistan, information technology and communications requirements, and other general operational needs of the agency.
- Represents SIGAR at the highest levels of the Afghan government, conveys Agency concerns, explains SIGAR's role and mission, and addresses Afghan government concerns and questions as they may arise.
- Conveys substantive Afghan government concerns to SIGAR headquarters and provides recommendations to the IG/DIG and other senior staff on possible responses.
- Incumbent interprets, communicates, and ensures adherence to IG guidance and policies in Afghanistan. Also researches, develops and proposes new policies or updates to policies, as operational needs in Afghanistan dictate.
- Reviews and evaluates on a daily basis the mission support requirements; identifies problems, potential problems, and competing priorities; and develops solutions to meet those needs.
- Remains current with issues and activities in Afghanistan that may be relevant to DOD, DOS/COM and the IG's initiatives and interests and uses that knowledge to advise Audits and Investigations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates special projects that are of importance to the IG/DIG and members of the SIGAR management team.
76% or greater - Overseas travel to Afghanistan is required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens, Federal Employees
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486227000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.