Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located with the US Army Engineer District, Albuquerque Engineering and Construction Division, Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering Branch, Geotechnical Engineering Section, Albuquerque, New Mexico. New Mexico is known as the Land of Enchantment and Albuquerque is home to the International Balloon Fiesta, the most photographed event in the world.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Direct field investigations, laboratory testing programs and analysis of soils and foundations data as they are utilized in the design and construction of support for others, civil and military projects.
- Provide geotechnical specifications and reviews as they apply to contract plans.
- Design and evaluate flexible and/or rigid pavements to include new pavements, reconstruction, overlays and extension of existing pavements.
- Direct the development and preparation of design memoranda, design, analyses, and contract plans where earth structures, foundations, flexible and rigid pavements are the primary design or construction item for support.
25% or less - This position requires Temporary Duty (TDY) up to 25% of the time in performance of duties.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484585200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.