This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1953000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, GS-2005-7
This position is located in the Maintenance Support Section of the Materiel Management Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, at an ANG Aviation Wing. The position is the Customer Service Representative performing Flight Service Center (FSC) duties within the Maintenance Support Section. The primary purpose is the point of contact for interfacing with the Global Logistics Support Center (GLSC) on behalf of the maintenance customers. Responsibilities include periodic visits to maintenance work centers; providing guidance for maintaining bench, operating, and shop stock; and assisting users in resolving any materiel management related problems; managing supply points, time-change, time compliance technical orders, Due-in From Maintenance (DIFM) management, awaiting parts, turn-around, local manufacture, command intensive management items, quality deficiency report programs, and the Air Force Repair Enhancement Program.
(1) Performs mission capability (MICAP) verification, reports and processes cannibalization actions.
(2) Establishes requirements for customer using automated systems and notifies customer of asset availability.
(3) Processes Aircraft Document Review (ADR).
(4) Manages the DIFM listing, validates/updates DIFM listing with status by processing required transaction as necessary.
(5) Manages the Supply Point program.
(6) Manages the AWP program.
(7) Maintains Tail Number Bin (TNB) and Due-Out Release (DOR) point.
(8) Reviews Two-Level Maintenance (2LM) metrics listing and takes appropriate action to improve repair cycle time.
(9) Establish, maintain and delete bench stocks in coordination with supported activities.
(10) During periods of manpower constraints may be required to pull and deliver parts from various storage points.
(11) Attends daily/monthly meetings with maintenance. Performs reject management and working management listings.
(12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484533900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.