A successful candidate in this position will serve as the Information Security Officer (ISO) and a Federal lead for a team of cybersecurity support contractors in conducting a comprehensive and continuous assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls of the organization. Responsibilities will also include the proper implementation and effectiveness of each control as well as the assurance that those controls are achieving the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements.Learn more about this agency
As an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-14, you will:
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assuring adequate level of security for EIA data.
- Provide Management with technical reviews and analyses of DOE and EIA INFOSEC plans, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that DOE-wide security enhancement initiatives, including implementation of training programs, firewalls, network intrusion detection, incident response and reporting, dissemination of threat information, e-Authentication capabilities, etc., are consistent with cybersecurity baseline controls and policies.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- Current Federal employee with competitive status
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles
- Veterans with VOW, VEOA or VRA eligibility
- Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or special appointing authority
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484161500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.