Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, visit our Website at http://www.mcc.gov to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the Millennium Challenge Corporation!Learn more about this agency
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC's values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Economic Analysis (EA) Division of the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The mission of the Policy and Evaluation Department is to provide management oversight for the development and implementation of policy and best practices related to country eligibility, economic analysis and monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and policy reform.
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14/15, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3B/3A which is generally equal to GS-14/15.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. The first cutoff for review and referral of applications is November 10, 2017. Applications received by the first cutoff date will be referred first. If no selection is made, the second cutoff for review and referral of applications is December 1, 2017. Applications of qualified applicants received after the cutoff dates will be referred to the selecting official until the closing date or a selection is made.
- Provides research, data analysis, and economic assessment in support of MCC's results framework, including constraints analysis, root cause analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Conducts assessments of structural features of domestic markets, demographics and households which influence how public policies are likely to impact on labor markets, household behavior, and poverty outcomes.
- Contributes to constraints analyses and compact development by providing leadership on the use of rigorous empirical tools of analysis in order to strengthen MCC's ability to understand and estimate the impact of relaxing different constraints to growth on employment generation and poverty outcomes.
- Leads or co-leads a variety of complex economic research projects and assignments associated with the economic assessment of long-term international development programs affiliated with country compacts.
- Leads, co-leads and/or provides support for the analysis of the binding constraints to growth in partner countries and the economics and policy frameworks in the sectors under consideration, interacts independently with country counterparts and stakeholders.
- Prepares regular guidance and recommendations to senior staff including summary reports. Presents findings and recommendations on complex issues or problems impacting established policies, programs and procedures.
- Attends meetings with country teams, host country stakeholders, US government officials, and other partners in host countries and from headquarters.
- Participates in workshops, seminars, and conferences involving cooperating agencies, donors, academics, and representatives of other development organizations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482725200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.