TEXAS MILITARY DEPARTMENT
DUTY: Bear true faith and allegiance to the state and nation; cultivate an environment for all to excel; prepare mentally, physically and spiritually to deploy at home and abroad.
HONOR: Hold the public trust in the highest regard; exceed standards and expectations; act with understanding, innovation, resourcefulness, flexibility and urgency. Do all you can, where you are, with what you have and always place the welfare of those you lead first.
TEXAS: Embrace the courageous spirit of our people, history and culture.
This position is located in an Air National Guard intelligence unit at the 147th ATKW, Ellington AFB, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to provide information technology system support to the assigned unit.
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, Indefinite, or temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard, and individuals immediately eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard who meet the compatibility requirements.
Rank Spread: Enlisted: SSGT/E-5 to TSGT/E-6
- The incumbent shall comply with the requirements of the certification program and will be required to obtain certification. Certification requirements are outlined in DOD Instruction 8570.01-M. COMPTIA SECURITY+ OR HIGHER CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
- Position involves critical Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Ground Control Station (GCS) Maintenance Section Duties. Prefer minimum 12 months MQ-1/MQ-9 GCS/SET SS experience.
- Shift work and travel is required.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans preference is not applicable in this agency.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-11, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Serve as a technical expert and focal point for the installation and configuration of hardware and software on personal computers and for personal data assistants associated with assigned systems.
- Serve as a systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet customer needs.
- Serve as a technical expert on multiple operating systems and computer platforms.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend hardware/software changes to various computer systems.
- Develop guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities.
- Implement systems software changes, operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Full description of the PD can be located at the link below:
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide (See Open Areas of Consideration) Texas Air National Guard Membership is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482365300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.