This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Smithsonian Institution (SI). Serves as the Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audits providing expert audit services covering broad Smithsonian Institution programs.Learn more about this agency
- Leads audits using appropriate techniques, analyzes data to support findings, and develops recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- Produces supervisory review of work in progress of subordinate team members and provides advice and direction where necessary.
- Prepares final audit reports detailing findings and making recommendations for corrective action.
- Meets with management officials to present findings, explain the significance of conclusions, and justify recommendations.
- Recommends promotions, improvement plans, and other personnel actions with respect to assigned auditors.
Occasional travel - Less than 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to current and former Federal employees with permanent status or reinstatement eligibility. Individuals who are eligible for a special appointing authority may also apply such as applicants with a disability; former Peace Corps volunteers; certain military spouses; or individuals eligible under various programs for Veterans.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482173900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.