This is a Washington Air National Guard Bargaining Unit Technician position:Learn more about this agency
BASE SERVICES MANAGER
Location: 141 FSS, Fairchild AFB, WA
Appointment Type: Permanent
Advertised as: Enlisted
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
For information about joining the Air National Guard please call 1-800-TO-GO-ANG
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Washington Air National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard at the required military grade listed if the position is open Nationwide.
A BASE SERVICES MANAGER, GS-0301-9/11:
- Ensures Services combat readiness is achieved through the analysis, supervision, development, and implementation of Base Services programs, missions, functions, activities, and events.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for wing Services matters.
- Manages the base Subsistence and Food Services Programs.
- Prepares, manages, and maintains a comprehensive annual budget and related contracts for Services training, equipment, and supplies, as well as official travel within the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and Military Personnel (MILPERS) appropriations.
- Develops, publishes, and briefs lodging policies, guidelines, and requirements for wing and GSUs.
- Reviews higher headquarters plans and taskings, determines impact on Services activities, and prepares related summaries for higher-level reviews.
- Maintains the on-line Prime Readiness in Base Services (RIBS) Manager's guide to document program continuity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2042000/D2241000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - As required for job training or mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Nationwide: All Members of the Washington Air National Guard, or U.S. Citizens willing to join the Washington Air National Guard
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481692700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.