This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1959000and is part of theMI 110 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-0346-12
PD released as part of CRA 09-1008 ANG Reorganization of Logistics Readiness Squadron
This position is responsible for the effective management of the Deployment and Distribution Flight which is comprised of a Plans and Integration Section; Small Air Terminal Section; and Distribution Section. Its primary purpose is to direct and manage subordinate functional areas and to serve as a technical expert over these functional areas. This position provides supervision, subordinate guidance, and team leadership to dual status employees. Incumbent performs long-term planning and organizational development necessary to accomplish Deployment and Distribution functions for programs essential to ANG daily operations, training, and readiness missions.
(1) Responsible for the centralized command and control, planning, and execution of all wing deployment operations and the distribution of cargo and passengers.
(2) Exercises direct supervision over subordinate personnel.
(3) Recommends and participates in the selection of functional supervisors/employees.
(4) Advises the Logistics Readiness Squadron Commander on flight related issues.
(5) Participates in unit assessments, inspections, installation deployment plans, deployments, disaster preparedness exercises, and Unit Control Center operations required to maintain the highest state of readiness.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481508400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.