This position is located in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). As the Assistant Inspector General for Audits and Evaluations (AIGA), the incumbent has the primary responsibility to provide leadership, direction and supervision to the OIG's Audit and Evaluation Program (AEP)Learn more about this agency
1. Provide immediate supervision to the AEP by reviewing incoming requests for OIG assistance, and ensures that such requests are processed in accordance with standard operating procedures and the policies of the OIG.
2. Review audit and evaluation plans, draft and final reports, and ensures conformance with applicable OIG timelines, quality and technical standards.
3. Represent the Inspector General in conferences and negotiations with EEOC officials at all levels, representatives of the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and other Federal agencies or other groups, such as the Counsel of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), the Federal Audit Executive Committee (FAEC), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and the members and staff of the U.S. Congress.
4. Examine financial transactions to the extent deemed necessary to determine compliance with laws, contracts, regulations and decisions, and to test the adequacy of internal controls; and issue audit and evaluation reports to the Chairperson and/or other EEOC officials with recommendations for corrective actions for noted deficiencies and for improvements in EEOC policies, procedures, practices and operations.
5. Prepare technical articles and instructional material, as required for guidance of the staff. Maintain personal contacts with members of professional accounting/auditing and law enforcement organizations to keep abreast of recent developments and trends in the profession.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481444800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.