DoDEA, through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
If you are applying through Merit procedures, the following information applies to you:
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: Current or Former Permanent Civilian Federal Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: http://archive.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
If you are applying through Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures, the following information applies to you:
Learn more about this agency
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
As a Graphic Arts Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Designs and produces a variety of informational materials including but not limited to: booklets, brochures, infographics, pamphlets, booklets, bookmarks, cards, banners, posters, and downloadable promotional products for placement on the DoDEA website, printed products prepared for professional printing, or products prepared on a large-scale plotter/printer.
- Designs logos, templates, graphics concepts and visual/graphic elements to support DoDEA programs, policies, initiatives, organizational presence, school marketing, special event, social media, motion media, and communications campaigns.
- Produces, maintains and extends an effective graphics and visual design presence that projects a professional, polished and effective organizational branding and identification for DoDEA, its programs, policies, initiatives, and communications operation.
- Designs graphics products for print and electronic delivery that establish and maintain DoDEA brand identity and credibility. Establishes and maintains DoDEA brand identity and credibility through all products.
- Manages the structure and design of graphics files and coordinates extensively with the DoDEA Webmaster and DoDEA Motion Media Branch to repurpose graphics designs for web and video delivery, including code, design, graphics, images, text, and links.
- Serves as DoDEA Headquarters photographer, capturing photos at special events or when required, on travel at DoDEA schools around the world. Maintains DoDEA Flickr site.
Occasional travel - The Incumbent may be required to travel by military and/or commercial aircraft to a variety of stateside and overseas locations for meetings and conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481415200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.