This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC LEADER, Position Description Number D1548000and is part of theMI 127 Wing, National Guard.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC LEADER, WL-8852-10
This position is located in an Air National Guard Flying Wing, Logistics Directorate, Aircraft Maintenance Division, Accessories Element, Repair and Reclamation Shop. The primary purpose of this position is to lead three or more subordinates. In addition, performs journey level duties involving maintenance and repair of aircraft components such as wheels, tires, flight controls, canopies, and landing gear, both on and off aircraft systems. Also performs general heavy airframe maintenance beyond capability of other maintenance shops, as well as recovery and reclamation of damaged equipment, or crashed aircraft. This position requires military membership. It is designated for NGB Enlisted incumbents only. Incumbent performs duties necessary to accomplish maintenance and leader functions in support of programs essential to ANG daily operations, training, and readiness missions.
(1) On a regular and recurring basis, leads three or more aircraft mechanic subordinates in performing all phases of repair and reclamation on aircraft
systems and equipment, utilizing lifting bags, cranes, hoists, slings, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
(2) Monitors work of assigned personnel, sets the work pace, conveys work assignments, and assures that materials, tools, equipment, and stock are
available. Coordinates and works with aircraft mechanics, and performs journey level work as required.
(3) Assures that assigned personnel are fully utilized and work is accomplished in accordance with established time frames and priorities.
(4) Advises the supervisor of overall work operations, status and progress of work, causes for delays, problems encountered, and individual performance (e.g., additional on-the-job training requirements for individual employees).
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481291100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.