This National Guard position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number D1185000and is part of theMI DCSLOG, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, GS-2005-7
This position is located in the Logistics (S-4) Section of a Battalion (Bn) or Squadron (Sqdrn) size headquarters of the ARNG having an automated system. Its purpose is to serve as Property Book Officer (PBO) and be responsible for the management of organizational property accounts.
(1) Responsible for the property book operations of the organization in the areas of inventory management, equipment coordination, and supply management for non-expendable items.
(2) Maintains property book accountability utilizing an automated system and related computer programs to account for property.
(3) Schedules, directs, and conducts periodic inspections, inventories and change of hand receipt records to ensure equipment is serviceable, properly stored, maintained and accounted for as required by competent authority.
(4) Coordinates with the state level headquarters and subordinate units of the organization on the lateral transfer and/or turn in of excess property.
(5) Establishes quality procedures and oversees the edit of all documents.
(6) Provides technical guidance and assistance to all organizational logistic personnel pertaining to the formal accountability of all non-expendable property assigned to the organization.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481258900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.