Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!Learn more about this agency
Opportunity to practice social media and public relations at a dynamic and historic Federal agency. Come be part of GPO's Public Relations Office, which serves as the platform in communicating agency news on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and other social media channels to enhance GPO's public image.
Looking for candidates who have social media and public relations experience in a U.S. Congressional office or committee, or at a commercial television broadcast network or affiliate, served as a professional reporter covering Congress, politics, or the Federal Government. Must be able to create and execute social medial campaigns, provide social media analytics, offer ideas of emerging platforms, write press releases and be able to research a variety of assigned topics.
This position is located in the Public Relations Office a staff office to the Agency Director. Under the direction of the Chief Public Relations Officer, the incumbent coordinates and performs a wide variety of duties designed to support agency public relations functions,
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
As a Public Relations Specialist, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Collaborate with internal/external sources to create, manage and analyze social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and blogs.
- Write social media content using digital images, video, and graphics.
- Create, monitor and report analytics for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Analyze social media data and user feedback to understand user trends and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for GPO to expand marketing efforts through social media.
- Ensure social media content meets accessibility standards, policy and legal requirements.
- Research, draft press release for distribution to media outlets and public.
- Write and produce video scripts on GPO topics.
- Conduct interviews, log and transcribe information for agency videos.
- Manage and maintain media contact lists.
- Manage and maintain daily news clippings of GPO coverage.
- Communicate with news reporters and relay their inquiries to Chief Public Relations Officer.
- Organize and conduct tours of GPO for agency guests.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481000000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.