Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
- Secure and facilitate trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. regulations, including immigration and drug laws.
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country.
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products.
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country.
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border.
Current 1896: GL-5, GL-7, GL-9, GS-11 & GS-12 Border Patrol Agents in the Bargaining Unit. (Agents who are currently serving under a detail or an official temporary promotion which removes them from the bargaining unit, and for which a SF-50 was issued, are not eligible for reassignment under this program).
- Is not to be the subject of:
- Any pending Performance Improvement Plan (PIP);
- Proposed action of suspension of 7 or more days or termination;
- Any open investigation being conducted by OIG or an investigation being conducted by OPR for an allegation which, if sustained, the employee would typically receive a proposal of an adverse action (15 days or more);
- A Last Chance Agreement;
- Three or more disciplinary actions or a single adverse action (15-day suspension or more) within the last two years
- Has not received a funded relocation in the past 4 years
- Able to perform all the required duties of the Border Patrol Agent position description
UPDATED 10/3/2017 - ASSESSMENT QUESTIONNAIRE
We are working on correcting questionnaire #6 in this announcement. Please note that the question applies to CURRENT proposed actions. Learn more about this agency
THIS IS A VOLUNTARY REASSIGNMENT OPPORTUNITY WHICH WILL ONLY BE USED TO SOLICIT APPLICATIONS FROM CURRENT GS-1896 BORDER PATROL AGENTS INTERESTED IN A LATERAL REASSIGNMENT, NO CHANGE TO LOWER GRADES WILL BE ACCEPTED
As a Border Patrol Agent you will serve as a primary law enforcement officer (under 5 U.S.C. 8331 (6C) and 8412 (d) and be responsible for:
- Preventing the entry of terrorists and their weapons of terrorism.
- Enforcing the laws that protect America's homeland by the detection, interdiction, and apprehension of those who attempt to illegally enter or smuggle any person or contraband across our Nation's sovereign borders.
- Selected agents will patrol the international boundary and coastal waterways and may use a variety of Government assets for the accomplishment of the USBP Mission. These assets include, but are not limited to:
- Off Road Vehicles
Organizational Location: This position is located with the U.S. Border Patrol at various locations throughout the United States. Listed below are duty locations where positions may be filled under this announcement. You may only receive consideration for up to TWO (2) Stations.
If you wish to change locations after your initial application submission you will need to choose all of your locations again, changing even one location will overwrite all previous location choices. You may not change location preferences after the closing date of this announcement.
Bellingham Station | Ferndale, WA
Blaine Station | Blaine, WA
Sumas Station | Sumas, WA
Erie Station | Fairview, PA
Niagara Falls Station | Niagara Falls, NY
Oswego Station | Oswego, NY
Rochester Station | Rochester, NY
Wellesley Island Station | Watertown, NY
Sandusky Bay Station | Port Clinton, OH
Sault Ste. Marie Station | Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Grand Forks Sector:
Pembina Station | Noyes, MN
Portal Station | Portal, ND
Warroad Station | Warroad, MN
Havre Station | Havre, MT
Malta Station | Malta, MT
Plentywood Station | Plentywood, MT
Scobey Station | Scobey, MT
St. Mary Station | Babb, MT
Sweetgrass Station | Sunburst, MT
Calais Station | Baring, ME
Fort Fairfield Station | Fort Fairfield, ME
Houlton Station | Houlton, ME
Jackman Station | Jackman, ME
Rangeley Station | Rangeley, ME
Van Buren Station | Van Buren, ME
Dania Beach Station | Dania, FL
Jacksonville Station | Jacksonville, FL
Orlando Station | Orlando, FL
Marathon Station | Marathon, FL
Tampa Station | Tampa, FL
New Orleans Sector:
New Orleans Station | New Orleans, LA
Ramey Station | Aguadilla, PR
Bonners Ferry Station | Bonners Ferry, ID
Colville Station | Colville, WA
Curlew Station | Curlew, WA
Oroville Station | Oroville, WA
Whitefish Station | Whitefish, MT
Beecher Falls Station | Beecher Falls, VT
Champlain Station | Champlain, NY
Massena Station | Massena, NY
Newport Station | Newport, VT
Ogdensburg Station | Ogdensburg, NY
Swanton Station | Swanton, VT
If selected for a location listed below, in addition to the GSA Lump Sum relocation payment, you will also receive a relocation incentive payment of up to 25% of your annual basic pay not to exceed $12,800:
*Agents must relocate to a new geographic location of at least 50 or more miles from their current worksite in order to be eligible.
Big Bend Sector:
Big Bend (Sub Station) | Big Bend National Park, TX
Presidio Station | Presidio, TX
Sanderson Station | Sanderson, TX
Van Horn Station | Van Horn, TX
Del Rio Sector:
Carrizo Springs Station | Carrizo Springs, TX
Eagle Pass North Station | Eagle Pass, TX
Eagle Pass South Station | Eagle Pass, TX
El Centro Sector:
Calexico Station | Calexico, CA
El Paso Sector:
Alamogordo Station | Alamogordo, NM
Lordsburg Station | Lordsburg, NM
Freer Station | Freer, TX
Hebbronville Station | Hebbronville, TX
Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector:
Falfurrias Station | Falfurrias, TX
Ajo Station | Why, AZ
Douglas Station | Douglas, AZ
Three Points (Sub Station) | Tucson, AZ
Occasional travel - Overnight travel may be required on a regular and recurring basis.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only - Appearing on USAJOBS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480967900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.