Positions may be filled in any of the following areas:Learn more about this agency
Boise District Fire & Aviation with possible duty locations in Boise, Bruneau, Star, or Hammet, Idaho.
Idaho Falls District Fire & Aviation with possible duty locations in Idaho Falls, Pocatello, or Salmon, Idaho.
Twin Falls District Fire & Aviation with possible duty locations in Twin Falls, Shoshone, or Burley, Idaho.
Information about the surrounding areas may be found by clicking above.
We expect to fill multiple vacancies from this announcement.
This is an open continuous announcement for Range Technicians (Fire) (Senior Wildland Firefighters (Engine)) within Idaho. Recruitment will continue through the closing date to fill positions as they become vacant. Certificates will be issued as the need occurs. Referrals will be made from among the best qualified candidates. The best qualified candidates will be determined based on the applicant pool available at each cut-off date. The first cut-off date will be (November 15, 2016). All required documentation must be received by 11:59 P.M. Eastern time of each cut-off dates to be considered for referral. Applicants who apply prior to November 15, 2016 will receive first consideration. Cut-off dates will be:
November 1, 2017
December 1, 2017
January 1, 2018
February 1, 2018
March 1, 2018
April 1, 2018
Applications received by the other established application cutoff dates will be referred as needed.
- Serves as a senior wildland firefighter on a wildland fire engine.
- Drives engine to fire locations, frequently over unimproved roads and positions engine in appropriate locations in consideration of the safety of crew and equipment and how the equipment can best be used in control and mop-up operations.
- Gathers and considers information on weather data, topography, fuel types, and fire behavior in responding to wildland fire incidents.
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of specialized equipment used to respond to wildland and prescribed fire situations.
- Participates in wildland fire and safety training in the techniques, practices, and methods of fire suppression and in the safe, efficient operations and use of tools, equipment, and vehicles used in fireline activities.
50% or less - Frequent travel will be required during times of peak fire activity.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens – No previous Federal Service is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480951900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.