This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Demographic Directorate located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Survey Statisticians, GS-1530-07/09/11/12, (FPL-12) positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Work independently and on teams to complete tasks for surveys, the decennial census, population estimates, and/or administrative records.
- Communicate with supervisor and employees throughout the organization performing work for the assigned programs and projects.
- Apply statistical theories, techniques, and methods to programs for collecting, processing, or presenting statistical information.
- Develop and design survey questionnaires for paper and/or automated data collection efforts.
- Evaluate appropriate methodology and perform data collection, research, and/or dissemination tasks for surveys, decennial census, population estimates, and/or administrative records.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480644800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.