If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 17-VAOIG-364-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.Learn more about this agency
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 10/12/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Information Technology Specialist, located in the Office of Inspector General, is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of web applications and the publishing of web content to support business processes, including specific Internet and Intranet applications and publications. The Information Technology Specialist performs a wide variety of Information System, Technology, and Resource duties that contribute to achieving the mission and strategic goals of the OIG.
This position will be selected from one of the following locations: Austin, TX, Baltimore, MD, San Diego, CA or Washington DC.
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Determine output media format, designing user interfaces, directing on-going site maintenance and enhancement, and ensuring the availability and security of applications installed on the site.
- Work with content providers to solicit content and publish it; work with other developers to enhance user-developed content and meet other business and technical requirements; manage publishing schedules; implement publishing processes and design standards and monitor quality of published content; provide training to authors and editors across the organization; and work with content authors and publishers to categorize and tag content with metadata.
- Participate in developing, analyzing, and refining functional and technical specifications and systems requirements. Coordinate the acquisition, Installation, and configuration of the end-to-end infrastructure supporting the site.
- Participate in the design of systems architecture; is responsible for writing code; and developing, analyzing, and refining data models.
- Work with customers to test and debug applications, assure software and systems quality and functionality, integrate hardware and software components, and ensure rigorous application of information security poHcres to the applications development process.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates who are:
Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480551200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.