To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
An endorsement letter must be submitted with your career broadening resume
in order to be eligible for the position.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
AREA OF CONSIDERATION IS LIMITED TO CURRENT PERMANENT INTERNAL AIR FORCE CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES WITHIN THE LOGISTICS COMMUNITY OR CURRENT PERMANENT INTERNAL AIR FORCE CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE PAST QUALIFYING EXPERIENCE IN THE LOGISTICS COMMUNITY; ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WILL BE OUTSIDE THE AREA OF CONSIDERATION. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS TEMPORARY AND LIMITED IN DURATION TO 36 MONTHS.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR ONE FORMAL CAREER BROADENING OPPORTUNITY IN THE LOGISTICS CAREER FIELD. THE ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF THIS POSITION IS HQ AFMC/A4, WPAFB, OH.
THE LOGISTICS CAREER FIELD MAY UTILIZE DEVELOPMENT TEAM VECTORS TO FILL LOGISTICS CAREER BROADENING VACANCIES.
Career Broadening positions are centrally funded and managed by AFPC/DP2Z. Positions are established specifically to provide developmental experience designed to broaden the skills and/or enhance the leadership perspective of a high-potential, mid-level manager/executive.
Career Broadening also provides executive training and developmental opportunities in a Major Command or staff environment. These assignments offer the qualified candidate a unique assignment in that the candidates brings certain experience to the assignment, while gaining new experiences in a different work environment.
- Plans, organizes, and directs life cycle logistics and maintenance planning for identified systems/programs as a senior logistics management specialist at the MAJCOM level.
- Directs, plans, organizes, oversees, and participates in RNI activities that impact life cycle sustainment.
- Plans, directs, and manages organizational review programs that ensure government needs are met and validated, and that economy and quality of operations are maintained or improved.
- Uses knowledge of the supply system, supply chain management, and other major AF initiatives, systems, and programs to apply to RNI activities.
- Represents RNI office with a variety of AF and functional area organizations.
Occasional travel - Based on TDY mission requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…INTERNAL AIR FORCE EMPLOYEES or DCIPS Air Force Employee with reinstatement rights ONLY
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480422100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.