NTSB: Independently Advancing Transportation SafetyLearn more about this agency
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is an independent U.S. Federal agency responsible for investigating significant accidents in the various modes of transportation-aviation, railroad, highway, marine, and pipeline. The NTSB determines the probable cause of each accident investigated and issues safety recommendations to prevent future accidents.
This position is located in the Office of Safety Recommendations and Communications, Government and Industry Affairs Division within the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). The incumbent focuses on providing Members of Congress and Congressional staff information about NTSB programs, policies and initiatives and analyzes the impact of pending legislation on agency operations.
The National Transportation Safety Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Providing this information is voluntary and has no impact on the recruitment or hiring process. This information will be used to determine if our equal employment opportunity efforts are reaching all segments of the population, consistent with Federal equal employment opportunity laws.
In addition to duties at the lower level, typical duties at the GS-13 level may include:
- Review and edit Congressional testimony for the Board;
- Meeting with Congressional staff members to brief them on Board initiatives; and
- Accompany senior NTSB staff to Congressional briefings.
- Analyze and summarize recommended action and tracks assignments to expedite preparation of reports;
- Maintain information on pending or proposed legislation, including bills and resolutions;
- Coordinate findings and recommendation with key officials; and
- Prepare reports, memoranda and correspondence for review and approval of the Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/480293600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.