We're looking for candidates passionate about the exciting and challenging mission of protecting our nation's cyberspace; securing our critical infrastructure, defense, intelligence, financial, energy, healthcare and transportation systems; and safeguarding the personal information of hundreds of millions of Americans.
This announcement establishes a register of qualified applicants who will be periodically referred for employment consideration for positions in Washington, D.C. or the local commuting area based on the hiring needs of agencies across the Federal government. Official position titles may vary based on the vacancy being filled, e.g., IT Specialist, IT Project Manager, IT Program Manager. In addition, some positions may have lead or supervisory responsibilities, or promotion potential to higher grade levels. Agencies that use pay bands or other pay systems can fill positions using this job opportunity announcement where the pay band or grade includes the GS grades listed above.
ATTENTION: This announcement will have multiple cut off dates. The first cut off will support the hiring efforts of agencies in conjunction with the Chief Information Officers (CIO) Council Federal Tech/Cyber Hiring & Recruitment Event which will be held in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area on November 6-7, 2017. The first cut off will end at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) September 29th, 2017 or (B) The date that 1000 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the cut off ends on the date that 1000 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59 pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 1000. Additional cut off dates may be established to refer other groups of qualified applicants for employment consideration based on the hiring needs of agencies.
The additional cutoff dates we have established are:
- Friday, October 20, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018
To find out more information about the Federal Tech/Cyber Hiring and Recruitment event and to register for attendance, please visit CIO.gov/hiringevent.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice. Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (Information Security), your typical work assignments might include:
- Ensuring information systems reliability and accessibility and preventing and defending against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data;
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs;
- Promoting awareness of information security issues among staff and ensuring they understand and adhere to systems security policies and procedures;
- Conducting systems security evaluations, and developing systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures;
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions; and/or
- Ensuring Personally identifiable information (PII) and Privacy data sharing are protected.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens, Individuals with disabilities
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479548600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.