Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
Applicants will be selected at GS-07. The target grade of this position is GS-12
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete all the requirements of the Recent Graduate Program as defined in the Agency Participant Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management qualification standard including any applicable positive education requirements and/or selection placement factors and any other designated special qualifications requirements and conditions of employment (e.g. medical standards) appropriate for the position to which being converted.
- To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Short-term training programs (e.g. several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.
- Current students who will graduate no later than 9 MONTHS from the closing date of this announcement.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
As a developmental Computer Scientist or Computer Engineer, you will assist in performing duties such as:
- Designing, developing and testing of software.
- Developing new or maintain current software systems.
- Evaluating software systems and determine the need for hardware/software upgrades.
- Identifying and determining the criticality of software/firmware and hardware problems associated with data collection systems
- Designing and creating software solutions based on evolving projects.
- Provide technical advice on problem areas in your assigned field of specialization
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479307700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.