Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
Applicants will be selected at GS-07. The target grade of this position is GS-11
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully complete all the requirements of the Recent Graduate Program as defined in the Agency Participant Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management qualification standard including any applicable positive education requirements and/or selection placement factors and any other designated special qualifications requirements and conditions of employment (e.g. medical standards) appropriate for the position to which being converted.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Short-term training programs (e.g. several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.
- Current students who will graduate no later than 9 months from the closing date of this announcement.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
The Deputy Chief of Staff for Resource Management, (DCSRM/G8) serves as the Commanding General's (CG) principal staff officer for financial accounting, budgeting, cost analysis, and civilian and military force management matters. The G8 assist the CG by determining and obtaining financial, civilian, and military resources required to accomplish the command mission. The G8 also develops and maintains effective financial, manpower, and management control systems and procedures for safeguarding and achieving optimum use of resources. The G8 takes responsibility for program budget system, finance, accounting, and related fiscal controls, while implementing and administering the command cost and economic analysis program and selected acquisition information management system
As a developmental ACCOUNTANT, you will assist in performing duties such as:
- Serving as an Accountant and maintaining fund control status for the installation financial management system.
- Certifying funds availability for current and prior year funds.
- Planning, coordinating, and directing month-end and year-end closeouts.
- Assisting in resolving problems between the automated non-financial system interfaces and the Department of Defense accounting system.
- Coordinating with specialists in other units of the Comptroller or serviced activities to develop corrective approaches to problem situations
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479305100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.