Learn more about this agency
A Unified Organization Working as One Team
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG), Office of Deputy Inspector General for Audit, Followup and Quality Assurance Division.
- Researches applicable laws, directives, and other regulatory material to gain knowledge of issue areas.
- Develops and maintains broad knowledge and understanding of current issues in assigned areas of responsibility, and develops and maintains extensive technical knowledge of followup issues within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepares inquiry memoranda to ascertain status and adequacy of management's actions to implement agreed-upon corrective actions for recommendations.
- Evaluates the adequacy of corrective actions on recommendations and works to resolve discrepancies.
- Provides input for the DoD OIG Semiannual Report to Congress, ensuring current followup status is reflected.
- Prepares and presents information and analyses on DoD followup issues to senior management within the OIG, the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Government Accountability Office (GAO), and other DoD agencies.
- Ensures followup actions consider all levels and stages of programs.
- Correlates report recommendations and results to identify fundamental management issues across departmental and functional lines.
- Manages a diverse workload involving multiple issues, policies, and programs.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with key DoD and OIG officials and staff.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479299900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.