About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click herefor more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series, Operations Research (GS-1515) series, Accounting and Budget (GS-05XX) series, and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level of the target conversion position (GS-11), you will:
You will serve as a Management and Program Analyst at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. In this developmental position you will have many opportunities to learn and gain experience through formal and on-the-job training which will acquaint you with the policies, methods and techniques peculiar to a position characterized by knowledge and skill requirement of a Management and Program Analyst. Assignments are progressively difficult and are designed to prepare the incumbent for more difficult and responsible work at the intermediate and ultimately the journeyman level. At the full performance level, some of your major duties will include:
- Plan, analyze, and review major programs associated with mission and customer funded programs.
- Monitor and perform detailed analyses of program progress and utilization of resources.
- Develop and maintain databases that contain program data, funding data, delivery dates, contract tracking, HR data and other key pertinent information as required.
- Interfaces with the Business Operations Directorate POC to ensure guidance and requirements are up-to-date.
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition after 2 years if pathways recent graduation conditions are met.
This position is being filled at the GS-07 level with potential conversion to a position with a full performance level at GS-11.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479296900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.