About the Position: Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
- EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a
qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational
or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within nine months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
NOTE: You MUST provide official transcripts prior to appointment. Students may apply to this position if completing all educational requirements within nine (9) months of submitting their application package.
If you will be graduating in 07/2018, you will be required to submit a final copy of your official transcripts prior to entrance on duty.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Technical Writer-Editor at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. In this developmental position you will have many opportunities to learn and gain experience through formal and on-the-job training which will acquaint you with the policies, methods and techniques particular to a position characterized by knowledge and skill requirement of a Technical Writer-Editor. Assignments are progressively difficult and are designed to prepare the incumbent for more difficult and responsible work at the intermediate and ultimately the journeyman level. At the full performance level, some of your major duties will include:
- Write and edit technical manuals to ensure compliance with the maintenance strategy of the equipment.
- Utilize the latest high-level Information Technology (IT) such as Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and eXtensible Markup Language (XML), as well as low-level IT such as Portable Document Format (PDF) and word processing, to author, edit and manage electronic documents.
- Develop and produce technical manuals covering the theory, operation and maintenance of assigned electronic communications equipment
- Edit submitted draft manuals and ensures that corrections are incorporated
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition.
25% or less - Business Travel 25% or more.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479266000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.