About the Position:
This is an Administrative Careers With America (ACWA) recruitment. The ACWA Program for entry level hiring at the GS-05 or GS-07 grade levels. This is a developmental position with non-competitive promotion potential to the GS-11; it will be filled at the GS-07 grade level. You will serve in an entry level, developmental capacity to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities. You will have non-competitive promotion potential to the GS-11 when all work can be performed at that level and all other requirements are met.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click herefor more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series, Operations Research (GS-1515) series, Accounting and Budget (GS-05XX) series, and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a
qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational
or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within nine months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
You will serve as a General Supply Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. In this developmental position you will have many opportunities to learn and gain experience through formal and on-the-job training which will acquaint you with the policies, methods and techniques particular to a position characterized by knowledge and skill requirement involving technical supply work. Assignments are progressively difficult and are designed to prepare the incumbent for more difficult and responsible work at the intermediate and ultimately the journeyman level. At the full performance level GS-11 the position you may be serving as a General Supply Specialist, or Supply Systems Analyst and some of your major duties will include:
- Analyze and forecast requirements for CECOM materials
- Make decisions to buy or repair individual items to fill future requirements
- Coordinate and oversee distribution of new equipment to Army units worldwide
- Plan, program and budget to support CECOM requirements
- Write or implement regulations for procedures for management of CECOM items of supply
25% or less - May be required to travel up to 25% or more to worldwide locations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479243500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.