The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!Learn more about this agency
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
OPEN AREA OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 5: Indefinite Job Opportunity Dual Status Technician - Merit Promotion: Only current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Position Title: Traffic Management Specialist
Position Series/Grade: GS-2130-11
Position Description #: D1906000
Line #: 701
Location: United States Property and Fiscal Office, Cheyenne, WY
Enlisted Min: E5/SGT Max: E7/SFC
Warrant Min: WO1 Max: CW3
Officer Min: 01/2LT Max: O3/CPT
Enlisted applicants' under-grade of what is listed will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.
This position is located in the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USP&FO). The purpose of the position is to manage and direct the daily Commercial Traffic Management Program for freight, equipment, personal property and passenger movements. Provides traffic management advisory services and formulates commercial traffic management policies.
As a TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, GS-2130-11, you will:
(1) Function as the Installation Transportation Agent appointed by the USP&FO in each State. Operates independently with minimal supervision to plan, direct, and monitor the Commercial Transportation Program for the Command, inclusive of commercial traffic facilities, which includes freight, hazardous material (HAZMAT), passenger and terminal operations.
(2) Develop long range plans for the efficient and effective operation of the Traffic Management Program. Make certain that such plans are in accordance with existing laws, regulations, directives and other guidance issued from higher echelons and outside sources i.e. Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC) as well as initiating new or changed procedures to implement directives.
(3) Ensure laws, procedures and regulations are uniformly applied and complied with by all users. Review carrier applications for approval to transport freight and develops and issues guidance for use of approved carriers.
(4) Provide advisory services to the USPFO and top management staff officials of the ARNG, DA and other outside agencies on all matters relating to NG traffic management functions, including program requirements, capabilities, policies and procedures.
(5) Evaluate program effectiveness by review of reports and observation of activities. This review includes such matters as work accomplishment in relation to program schedules, timely execution of unscheduled and/or priority projects of internal procedures, methods and controls.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/479130600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.