This position will be filled in one of the following locations: Arlington, VA, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Bay Pines, FL, Bedford, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Kansas City, MO, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Seattle, WA or Washington DC.Learn more about this agency
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on September 20, 2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Health Systems Specialist, located in the Office of Healthcare Inspections, is responsible to function independently, ensure that reviews, inspections, and program evaluations are properly carried out and that resultant findings and recommendations are developed into a well written report format.
As a Health Systems Specialist, you will:
- Assist the team leader in a broad range of quality improvement and health care program inspections and evaluations related to behavioral health and mental health services and programs.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct extensive pre-inspection research, monitor team members progress, and provide guidance as needed.
- Draft impactful written reports, executive summaries, and briefings.
- Plan and schedule project briefings, to include pertinent legislative and regulatory information.
- Provide accurate information through professionally delivered briefings to OIG leaders, Congressional stakeholders, and VHA managers and staff.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals who are:
Status Eligibles, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478793600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.