Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
You will serve as a Director of Religious Education for the Religious Support Office, Installation Management Command at Fort Shafter, Hawaii ensuring soldiers, reservists, civilians, and family members are afforded religious education programs to exercise their religious beliefs.
This is an Excepted Service appointment. If a current federal employee with career or career conditional status is hired for this position the employee will be required to sign a memo of understanding prior to being converted to the excepted service.
This is a TEMP position Not to Exceed one year and may be extended in 12 month increments up to 3 years at the discretion of management and in accordance with applicable regulations; may be converted to permanent status without further competition at the discretion of management and if the incumbent meets the eligibility criteria for specific appointment authorities.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but may be considered to have a high cost of living. The median house price is $700K. The rental market is high as well. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For more information about Hawaii and the Island of Oahu, visit http://www.hvcb.org and http://www.gohawaii.com.
**11.32% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) is currently authorized**
As a Director, Religious Education you will perform the following:
- Advise Garrison Chaplain and senior faith group Chaplain on Religious Education and youth programs.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and programming for one or more worshipping communities.
- Assess and evaluate religious education and youth ministry needs and programs, recommending courses of action to improve programming.
- Provide input for the religious education portion of the budgeting and planning document.
- Implement actions necessary to affect a comprehensive faith group religious education and youth ministry program.
- Provide marketing and advertising for emphasis on religious education and youth ministry. Integrate technological development into religious education programming.
- Ensure appropriate religious educational literature, training aids, etc., to meet program objectives.
- Act as a liaison with other congregations in planning community wide programs.
- Recruit volunteer workers, serving as primary administrator for religious education and youth ministry volunteers.
- Ensure and make provision for training and mentoring of religious education and youth ministry personnel.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to attend and provide training and to attend conferences
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478718800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.