It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 09/18/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Investigative Analyst, located in the Office of Investigations, is responsible for research, analysis, evaluation of information, and production of reports to assist the Program Managers in ongoing investigations and to determine new avenues for investigative initiatives. This includes formulating information source strategies and reviewing data to identify patterns and relationships across financial, criminal, public records, and other information to develop new scenarios for detecting criminal activities within VA.
As an Investigative Analyst, you will:
- Identify and develop new scenarios for detecting fraud and misconduct within a broad spectrum of VA programs.
- Investigative leads are identified using investigative initiatives or developed on an ad hoc basis from the Program Managers’ support requests or referrals from other VA sources.
- Conduct valid and reliable research to analyze internal and external information to assess risk factors and identify high-risk areas.
- Perform online research and data mining for complex fraud investigations, proactive initiatives, and team projects conducted by various investigative headquarters and field personnel.
- Assist in the presentation of investigations to VAOIG senior leadership and the Office of the United States Attorney.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates who are:
Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478676300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.