Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-DE-TS-17-242 for all US Citizens and Nationals. Applicants interested in applying under both announcement numbers, must submit application packages for each.Learn more about this agency
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Geologist. You will be working on projects that are complex and involves in-depth understanding and adaptation of basic and advanced geology principles, state-of-the-art geology, engineering geology, subsurface exploration, and hydrologic exploration. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Telework Statements:Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Promotion to the Full Performance Level: The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-11 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-11 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Duty Location - Boise, Idaho
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be the responsibility of the selectee.
At the present time, we have 2 vacancies; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional, equivalent positions at this duty location.
- Plans, executes and documents geologic investigation projects to provide data to engineers on soil logging, rock logging, intact sampling, in-situ testing, surface mapping, etc.
- Works with a team to develop plans and install instrumentation to monitor surface and subsurface conditions associated with Reclamation dams and facilities.
- Collects geologic data during construction by providing foundation mapping of excavated slopes, ground surfaces and placed embankment materials as part of a team.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of geologic reports, construction geology reports and presentations.
- Represents Reclamation as a formal and/or informal Technical Representative, who will be required to provide technical recommendations internally and may be required to act as a Reclamation Technical Expert at stakeholders and public meetings.
50% or less - Frequent travel (up to 75%) may be required to perform site visits and scheduled meetings with various groups and required training, as needed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Merit Promotion: Current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, persons eligible under CTAP and ICTAP, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% Disabled Veterans, VRA, Schedule A, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps VISTA, etc.).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478591400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.