This position is located in the Office of Field Operations, (Central) Chicago Field Division in Chicago, IL.Learn more about this agency
Responsible for planning, organizing and developing communications strategies and media plans for mass media in support of the field division and the Bureau's mission.
While not specifically required for this position, applicants who have experience working in a law enforcement environment is highly desirable.
- Ensures policies and views of top-level officials are consistent in public presentation.
- Responds to inquiries from news media for information; utilizes tact and judgement in responses so that the media are provided accurate and helpful information avoiding disclosure prohibited by law, regulation, or policy.
- Editorial integration of source material prepared by various segments of the Bureau.
- Responsible for using and seeking out contributions as appropriate from affected organizations, whenever it is apparent that such organizations should be consulted.
- Provides professional consultative and advisory assistance on matters of public information, editorial, writing and related experience.
- Responsible for calling attention to officials appropriate instances in which possible information techniques could be better utilized.
25% or less - Travel could be up to 5 days per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all U.S. citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478385100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.