This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1635000and is part of the MI 127 Wing, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
AIRCRAFT ENGINE MECHANIC, WG-8602-10
This position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Wing, Maintenance Group, Maintenance Squadron, Propulsion Element, (Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance, (JEIM) and the Hush House). The primary purpose of this position is to certify acceptable performance, test, repair, trouble-shoot, operationally check and modify aircraft turbine and auxiliary power units, and associated propulsion system components. (A-10 Aircraft)
(1) Troubleshoots malfunctioning engines and interrelated propulsion system components, determines degree of disassembly or certification required, repairs or replaces defective components, diagnostic computers and associated hardware.
(2) Troubleshoots, modifies, repairs, and performs sequential disassembly and assembly of gearboxes and auxiliary power units. Performs evaluations that must be accomplished at critical points in the repair/build-up process using a variety of quality characteristics, consisting of complete systems or components and assemblies that undergo many steps in a repair process and have highly critical tolerances.
(3) Performs scheduled and special evaluations on installed engines, auxiliary power units, and associated airframe-mounted systems.
(4) Performs command directed and locally established in-progress inspections (IPI) (certifying acceptable performance of all conventional or modified aircraft engines prior to their being installed in the aircraft or placed in inventory) of propulsion system components and associated equipment to determine adequacy of workmanship, materials and maintenance.
(5) Requisitions, processes, and accounts for supply assets as required by the repairable processing system.
(6) Provides technical advice and troubleshooting expertise to other work centers when propulsion systems affect or are affected by interrelated aircraft systems, such as: electro-environmental, pneudraulic, fuel and avionics systems.
(7) Provides on-the-job training to lower graded personnel or newly assigned personnel regardless of grade.
(8) Examines recurring malfunctions and initiates corrective actions by submission of quality deficiency or software deficiency reports.
(9) Serves as the hazardous materials manager as required.
(10) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Inspector General (IG) Inspections, Unit Effectiveness Inspections and mobility and command support exercises.
(11) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens. Area 1 - Open to current, permanent technicians of the Michigan National Guard. Area 2 - Open to current members of the Michigan National Guard. Area 3 - Open to applicants willing and eligible to join the Michigan National Guard (contact a recruiter).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478204900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.