If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 17-VAOIG-375-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.Learn more about this agency
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 09/11/2017; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Management and Program Analyst, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations, Arlington Field Office, is responsible for planning and conducting performance audits, reviews, inspections, or evaluations of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs, functions, and operations.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Prepare and conduct program surveys and evaluations to address specific objectives.
- Ensure that work papers are accurate, complete and correct and are prepared in accordance with OAE procedures and the Government Accountability Office Generally Accepted Government Auditing - Standards (GAGAS), or the Council of the Inspector General on Integrity and Efficiency Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluations.
- Perform complex studies, research, and detailed analysis for audit topics that potentially lead to high interest projects.
- Prepare various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.
- Assign segments of the evaluation, review, inspection or audit to team members. Assess and discuss performance with subordinates, provides on the job training, and coaches and mentors others, as required.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All Candidates who are:
Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates, VEOA eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement), or VRA eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/478108700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.