This position reports to the Director of Information Technology/Chief Information Officer (CIO), and supervises a team in the Office that manages Federal employees and oversees support contracts that provide a variety of Information Technology (IT) services through a contingent of on-site contract staff. This combination of Federal employees and contractor support maintains comprehensive enterprise-wide IT computing capabilities and associated cyber- security/analytical services to satisfy all EIA data/analysis/dissemination program mission activities. The position specifically leads EIA’s IT strategic planning, Enterprise Architecture (EA), and IT governance initiatives.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (ENTARCH), you will:
- Manage the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)-wide coordination of Information architecture studies related to the myriad of information management platforms, software, networking topologies, and applications deployed throughout the EIA.
- Ensure that applicable Federal and Departmental requirements pertaining to IT project management are implemented fully and in a manner that furthers the mission of the agency.
- Oversee the development of the technology applications used to collect, review, and otherwise manage EIA's comprehensive energy supply and demand data collection program to meet emerging needs.
- Provide technical advice and assistance for the preparation and justification of the EIA corporate IT budget.
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct the work of federal IT and oversees the quality, quantity, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of contractual services in accordance with established contract provisions.
- Build and promote a work-culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and maximizes the talent of unit members.
Occasional travel - Ocassional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…AGENCY EMPLOYEES ONLY
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477863300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.