OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
WHO MAY APPLY: All U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
VA Boston Healthcare System is currently recruiting for a Full-Time Staff Pathologist who is board certified in Hematopathology, and board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology. The Pathologist will also serve as the Director of Flow Cytometry and Hematology. The Pathologist will provide Surgical Pathology and Hematopathology case review and reporting, perform autopsy procedures and reporting, and will attend and report to the principal Tumor Boards, as required. He or she might be included the duty of serving as Associate Chief of Pathology and Laboratory Service depending on the qualifications. Additionally, the Pathologist will participate in teaching, research, and clinical activities co-sponsored by academic affiliates Boston University Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, and will have the opportunity for an academic appointment at one of the affiliates, commensurate with experience.
Work Schedule: Full-Time
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed.
- This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Drug Testing Position: Applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test result is received.
- Selectee will be required to complete additional forms to proceed with employment process.
- Applicant's education, length of practice, will be considered by a compensation panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (Competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
- Position is not required to file a financial disclosure report.
Occasional travel - Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477775800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.