This position is located within National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), National Geodetic Survey (NGS), Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZA-03 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-03.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-NGS-2017-0021, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
*A one year probationary/trial period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Communications Specialist, ZA-1001-03 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the technical authority on the design and execution of a professional website
- Develop communication and assist with the administration of various digital assets for efficient and effective consumer-focused delivery of public policy and programs.
- Ensure that all relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines are incorporated in agency policies and procedures.
- Consult with internal office divisions and contacts on the development of new or redesigned digital content meeting web standards of clarity, organization, navigability, visual quality and customer-focus.
- Plan and execute usability studies, contextual interviews, usability testing and surveys and collaborates with project managers, to capture stakeholder needs.
- Ensure the content is current and accurate, written in plain language to meet stakeholder needs.
- Organize the content of the web products to ensure it is audience friendly and that the website.
Occasional travel - 5% Domestic
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477543500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.