It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 9/5/17; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Health Systems Specialist, located in the Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is responsible for independently ensuring that reviews, inspections, and program evaluations are properly carried out and that resultant findings and recommendations are developed into a well written report format.
As a Health Systems Specialist, you will:
- Assist the team leader in a broad range of quality improvement and health care program inspections and evaluations.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct extensive pre-inspection research, monitor team members progress, and provide guidance as needed.
- Draft impactful written reports, executive summaries, and briefings.
- Plan and schedule project briefings, to include pertinent legislative and regulatory information.
- Provide accurate information through professionally delivered briefings to OIG leaders, Congressional stakeholders, and VHA managers and staff.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens and U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status Candidates under Announcement 17-VAOIG-383. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477505300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.