This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician (Demography) position in the Population Division located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line – Suitland Station.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Survey Statisticians, GS-1530-09, (FPL-12) positions within the Census Bureau in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).Learn more about this agency
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as an expert on providing technical assistance and training for statistical capacity building in developing countries.
- Produce international demographic estimates. Apply statistical theories, techniques, and methods.
- Develop and present materials and tools for in-person and remote assistance related to census and survey operations.
- Communicate with internal and external audiences, exchange technical information and resolve problems.
- Travel to developing countries frequently to teach statistics.
25% or less - .
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477467000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.