This is an opportunity for:
- An internal candidate to fill a GS-9 cadre position.
Current GS employees at the same grade as the advertised position grade may apply.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current Federal Government employees.
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- The ODNI uses a rank-in-person system in which rank is attached to the individual. A selected ODNI candidate or other Federal Government candidate will be assigned to the position at the employee's current GS grade and salary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
- Research topics, conduct interviews, write news, feature and explanatory articles for ODNI publications, ODNI websites and blogs to facilitate understanding of the ODNI's mission, goals, and strategies to the ODNI and Intelligence Community workforces, respectively.
- Capture still imagery using professional journalism industry standard digital cameras.
- Write and edit workforce messages, articles, and communication materials for the ODNI and IC workforce in support of providing timely, relevant, and important information to the ODNI and Intelligence Community (IC) workforces to facilitate understanding of the ODNI's mission, vision, and goals.
- Assist in developing and producing content for new and emerging communication vehicles, such as blogs, social media and online publications to ensure that key information is communicated to all members of the IC.
- Coordinate with appropriate ODNI staff officials to obtain, review, and when necessary, improve the effectiveness of information to be communicated to the ODNI and IC audiences.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships of mutual support with internal communications officers and public affairs staffs at each of the 16 intelligence agencies and components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477408900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.