The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-17-2001748 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As a Health Scientist you will:
- Serve as a recognized agency authority or consultant for health programs and conducts scientific research to develop a national system(s) to monitor public health capacity and performance overseas.
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on scientific operations that are critical to the public health community at large.
- Analyze epidemiologic investigation data utilizing new methodologies or existing techniques that have been extensively revised.
- Conduct major statistical studies or continuing projects that represent an important segment of the center's primary investigative program.
- Collaborate on projects/studies and coordinate efforts, as appropriate, with other program staff, other CDC Centers, other federal agencies, state, local and international health agencies, and private and non-private organizations.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477389700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.