The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-17-2001742 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As an Epidemiologist you will:
- Serve as the recognized expert in epidemiology.
- Manage significant projects, programs and staff and will represent CDC in Embassy.
- Evaluate data collection, quality control and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
- Oversee contracts, grants and cooperative agreements with full responsibility for carrying out all required monitoring and management duties for epidemiological work.
- Design, plan and initiate epidemiologic studies, surveys and investigations.
- Serve as a nationally or internationally recognized expert on epidemiological issues on critical problems in the field of epidemiology.
- Comply with all ethical guidelines for scientific and human subjects research.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477386100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.