The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-17-2001740 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations. This announcement can also be used to recruit for positions that will require a detail to an International Organization such as the World Health Organization, UNICEF, etc.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As a Medical Officer you will:
- Provide medical advice and consultation on critical problems in the medical/public health field.
- Manage significant projects, programs, and staff (to include representational duties with the Embassy).
- Provide scientific and/or technical guidance to host governments, health-related organizations, private and public foundations, etc. in the development of public health studies, programs, systems, strategies and/or services.
- Evaluate data collection, quality control and/or data utilization methods used to study a medical problem or issue.
- Apply new methods, approaches and technology or adaptation of existing methodologies to new and unusual situations.
- Promote the development of field epidemiological training programs.
- Provide medical leadership for the implementation of integrated public health programs.
- Foster compliance with all ethical guidelines for scientific studies and management of programs.
Occasional travel - As required by the position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477382300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.