The Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) offers potential applicants more than just jobs and professions. A career with the DoD OIG offers those who qualify an opportunity to serve our Nation and those who are defending it worldwide. This position provides the opportunity to apply the depth and breadth of your experience to strengthening the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Department of Defense.
The position is located in the DoD OIG, Office of Deputy Inspector General (DIG) for Investigations, Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS). The DoD OIG, has responsibility to detect and deter fraud, waste, and abuse in the administration of DoD programs and operations, in accordance with the Inspector General Act of 1978, P.L. 95-452, as amended (the Act).Learn more about this agency
· The incumbent is the principal Deputy and advisor to the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) for Investigations. Provides expert advice and assistance in the development and implementation of law enforcement policies, procedures and objectives for the overall DCIS program.
· Manages all programs and processes within DCIS which support the establishment, maintenance and execution of effective and efficient criminal investigative programs. This includes responsibilities for activities in the areas of planning, policy, program execution, quality assurance, in-house training, employee development and recruitment, mentoring, and sponsor programs, special projects, and administrative support
· Represents the DIG in various capacities, particularly in the DIG's absence. Oversees and directs the implementation of DCIS strategic planning activities and develops and implements performance based metrics for DCIS that are effective measurements of mission accomplishment.
· Serves as first line supervisor and evaluates the performances of various Special-Agents-in-Charge (SACs).
· Maintains regular and effective communications with SACs, other field office (FO) and Headquarter's management officials to ensure awareness of changes in DCIS processes and procedures, or requirements.
· Develops operational policies for use by the FOs in conducting criminal investigations. Conducts detailed operational reviews of each FO on the quality and timeliness of investigations and overall productivity. Manages various investigative programs.
· Manages and coordinates criminal investigative matters among FOs, with other investigative units of the military departments, Federal, state and local governments, and the Department of Justice to ensure that suspected criminal activities are identified and brought to the attention of the Inspector General, the Secretary of Defense, and appropriate prosecution agencies. Develops, plans, and ensures that procedures for criminal investigations, which cut across service lines, involve other government agencies or require the multiple talents of auditors, investigators and selected program staffs.
· Visits operating field elements to determine if investigations are being processed in accordance with established standards and policies. Ensures that the full range of investigative techniques and law enforcement procedures, to include the use of IG subpoenas, polygraphs, consensual monitoring, and undercover operations are being used in the conduct of investigations.
· Ensures that all employees and applicants for employment receive fair and equitable treatment in all aspects of personnel management without regard to political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or handicapping condition, and with proper regard for their privacy and constitutional 1ights, consistent with Federal merit system principles (5 U.S.C. 2301(b)(2)).
· Performs other duties as directed by the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations.
· Complies with requirements of The Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended, 5 U.S.C. §4 (2000).
Occasional travel - As required (e.g., site visits to field offices, conferences, etc.)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/477060900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.