These positions are located within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Management and Budget Office (MBO), Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZA-03 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full promotion potential level for this position is ZA-04.
These positions are also announced under vacancy number NOS-MBO-2017-20019, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
*A one year probationary/trial period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Writer-Editor ZA-1082-03 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Prepare written material that translates scientific, technical, and policy information into plain language for a variety of audiences, including non-technical lay audiences.
- Apply a comprehensive, intensive knowledge of the English language, writing techniques, editing procedures, and style guides.
- Edit material written by others to apply rules of grammar and style and ensure clarity for the intended audience.
- Assist with educating content contributors on style guide elements.
- Compile and edit time-sensitive weekly and other periodic reports that highlight activities and accomplishments of the National Ocean Service.
- Assist with monitoring resources such as media calendars to identify possible items for submission.
- Compile statistics on weekly reports.
- Research and write original content for the NOS website appropriate for the audience and corporate communication objectives.
- Research media to accompany website content.
- Coordinate review with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy.
- Use tact and diplomacy to coordinate editorial changes with program contacts and subject matter experts.
- Work in a fast-paced setting that requires managing multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476958200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.